[FWDLK] the correct air filter element

Hello List,
My local auto parts store is having trouble supplying me with an air filter element that properly fits the Plymouth 361 (a.k.a. Golden Commando) 4v aircleaner. This aircleaner is essentially a flat disk on the bottom, and a cover with ~3" lip. The FRAM catalog listed a sold-out filter, but the man said he remembers that filter as being too small in diameter to work for me.  My initial guess is that his memory is faulty and the catalog is correct.
Perhaps I should just try another store..(NAPA?, Dodge dealer?).
thanks for any tips,
RogerH