Re: [FWDLK] Custom Sway Bars for our cars

Re: [FWDLK] Custom Sway Bars for our cars

hello all,

aftermarket sway bars are usually a beneficial move for most cars.... in the real hi-performance world you shouldnt even have one;   but from experience [12 fwd look cars and doing it 6 times...........]  the sway bars of '60's c-bodies are a generically direct bolt in.  i have a '65 300 bar in my 59 fury, 67 newport in 2 58's etc- that generation of c-bodies.  the strut bar angles are only off by 5 degrees which is negligible with suspension travel and the contortion of bushings, and with a 90deg angled 1/4 '' thick, @2'' wide with a 3'' frame mounting pad and a 2'' standoff, the freestanding bushings line right up on the bar in stock location with the 57-9 frame rails,  it actually looks correct from underneath as well and doesnt compromise steering travel or ground clearance.
must admit a nice improvement in highway cornering [for those who know me- i do 3 digit highway speeds quite often]
so its a cheap, highly effective alternative......  and after parting 7 rust free '65 300's, newports, and 1 newyorker just for the slip yolk cable shift 727..... i have just as many sway bars :)

jim