[FWDLK] Tale of a '59 Sport Fury, Part II

[FWDLK] Tale of a '59 Sport Fury, Part II

What a joy it is to talk to the original owner of my car -- and, I've not
even seen it yet!  Here's another tidbit of history from the former owner:

Dan...

When Dad was alive he and mom called her the "Fury".  When my daughters,
Traci Lynn and Shannon Lori drove her to school and around Boise Town she
was called the "P".  Mama has started a search of the archives.  God knows
what the results of this will be.  The last time we did this we found
pictures of my mother when she was a young girl dating somebody other than
my father here in Boise...

You would not believe some of the places your Plymouth has been during it's
life.  She has seen the Pacific Ocean on many occasions as my father retired
with her at Bandon (by the sea), Oregon.  She spent time in the high
mountains of Idaho on fishing  and hunting trips.  She wandered the deserts
and mountains of Idaho  on many occasions.  She even pulled a 1947 Willis
military jeep around the mountains on hunting trips during our fall here in
Idaho.  She transported our daughters to and from school and around our town
on numerous occasions over several years.  She has been parked on a bridge
in the high mountains of the Sawtooth Range in Idaho and watched the mighty
Chinook salmon returning about the 4th of July each year before the huge
dams were constructed that blocked their migration routes.

The original dealer that sold her was Hessing Thurber Motors here in Boise.
That dealership has long since faded into the annals of time.  Waldo Thurber
and James Hessing were the principals of that dealership.  Waldo is still
living at about 96 years of age.  He currently is in an assisted living
center here in Boise.  I am friends with one of his sons (Gary Thurber)
Waldo was a person of prominence in the Mormon Church in Idaho.  They built
a temple a couple or three blocks from the modest home that mom and I have
lived in for the last 36 years.  He would not remember this transaction.

The purchaser of the vehicle was my father, David Claude Sterling and my
mother Bernice Marie Sterling.  Dad was a field auditor for the motor fuels
division of the State of Idaho Tax Department.  My mother was a bookkeeper
for Mountain States Wholesale, a wholesale grocery warehouse here in Idaho.

We will start trying to remember and send you bits and pieces as they
surface in our minds...