Re: [FWDLK] L6 to V8 Conversion

The Plymouths did not come with Hemi's but the poly blocks are similiar within the same vintages. So they would be similiar to the small block hemi's.  You need the different mounting tabs welded to the crossmember. I am sure someone here has been there and done that or at least scoped it out. Juliano's also sells a nice mounting and seatbelt assembly.  They advertise in most street rod books.

 Nathan Nuttall <nnuttall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have been unsuccessfully scouring the discussion archives for info on
converting a 1956 Plymouth straight six to a V8. I want to put in a 392 Hemi
with an 833 manual 4-speed. The problem is that most Plymouths with manual
transmissions came with straight six motors. The straight six is a front
plate mount, while the V8 has tabs on the block. What is required to
accomplish this conversion? Would I need to change out the front
crossmember? Would I be better off converting a V8 auto car to a 4 speed
manual? Thanks.

Recently, I found a company on the web which sells new, modern style 3 point
retractable seat belts that are made specifically for retrofitting older
cars. I know that you can purchase these from parts cars, but the plastic
parts almost never match up to what you need and are usually dirty and/or
sun-rotted straight out of a 15! year old car sitting in the scrap yard.
Anyway, I was happy to find them and thought I would let others know about
it. They are Andover Restraints, Inc. in Maryland at
http://www.andoauto.com/retrofit.htm . If anyone knows of a better company
or has any experience with this company, your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan Nuttall
68 Hemi Barracuda
56 Hemi Plymouth wantabe
56 Desoto wantabe
60 Chrysler wantabe

So many cool cars, so little driveway space....

2003 Calendar voting results and ordering information is online! Please visit:

Do you Yahoo!?