Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Torsion bar selection

Tough call as there just isn't good info in the parts books and they are very hard to understand on t-bars (and many other subjects!).   I would say that if you like good handling then install the heaviest bars you can find.  Keep in mind that the Chrysler 300s are far from "harsh" even with the largest diam. bars and the weight of a 392.

I believe all t-bars of the same wheelbase interchange.

And a reminder to ALWAYS BE CERTAIN that you put the right side bar back on the right side and left on the left.  It DOES NOT, however, make any difference which end of the bar goes front or rear other than to help identification if the last three digits are visible to the rear.

We argued this "direction question" in the 300 club a couple years ago and I found a factory statement that supports that direction does not matter, only side.

Wayne