[FWDLK] Nerves of steel? No, just lucky, I guess...

[FWDLK] Nerves of steel? No, just lucky, I guess...

Hello all. I have been driving old cars, of one type or another, as daily drivers for the past twelve years. I drove a ' 50 Chevy back and forth from Jax. Fla. to Atlanta a bunch of times, as well as my '71 GS, ' 71 442, and ' 64 Cutlass,and my '72 Skylark ragtop. (all of which I no longer own, unfortunately) I plan on driving my ' 58 Firesweep to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona this fall, once I rebuild the engine. In all of my trips, I've been blessed (knock on wood) to have not had any major troubles. Naturally, I always carry tools, but haven't taken any spare parts along. Of course, as you can see from the list above, with the exception of the ' 50 chevy, you can pretty much get parts for the above cars readily from most any parts store (with the exception of water pumps for the Buick 350 and 455, which are usually special order). And the ' 50 Chevy's alternator (yes I converted her to 1! 2 volts) was a Camaro unit, internal regulator, readily available. I did have a buddy lose a drive shaft out of his ' 71 Skylark at 60 mph! His differential yoke came loose! He was luckily able to repair it, despite a beat-up driveshaft, and made it home without a tow. I always say- drive 'em because that's what they were built for-- and hope that lady luck is along for the ride!  Zach---