[FWDLK] wheels and tires

Hello All,
                Would any of you performance guys out there know what the maximum width of a 14" could fit underneath the wheel wells of a '57-'59 Plymouth four door sedan? I was considering buying a set of 7x14" rims and throwing on some 9X14 Coker www radials. I want to make sure this would work before I buy anything. Also, will the car still be able to steer lock to lock with this set up or will I have clearance problems? Would this happen with a 9.5X14" tire? Thanks for all of your help in advance.
Take Care,
Frank