[FWDLK] A/C to heater question??

Well,as a professional auto technician, I think trying to convert the A/C system to put out heat as described, is a waste of time. If you don't need the A/C, then ditch it. Hook up the regular heater, (which, on my ' 58 DeSoto, will absolutely roast your feet!)  I'm sure the heat works just as well on most of the forwardlookers. But, if you love to tinker...."then knock yourself out". just my two cents (probably 35 cents when adjusted for inflation!?) Oh, if you do try it Bob, be sure to remove the expansion valve from the system, or the coolant won't flow!  Zach---