[FWDLK] Atlantic City Car Auction and Swap Meet Report

[FWDLK] Atlantic City Car Auction and Swap Meet Report

I took a ride to Atlantic City to check out the car auction and swap meet
today.  There were 2 noteable Fowardlook Cars on hand.  A beautiful 1961
300C Convertible appropriatly parked next to the Batmobile and my personal
favorite a 1956 Dodge Texan.
The Texan was beautiful and looked correct to the smallest detail.
According to the owner it is one of 3 known to still exist. He bought it in
Texas and he had it repainted, but you would never know it unless you were
told.
Here is the kicker - the owner and the car reside less than 5 miles from my
house!    I have lived here 5 years adn never saw this car on the road.  I
do not think it is driven much, if at all.
The most important thing I learned is that the original colors look so much
better in person than in photos.  Aside from my car this is only the third
56 Dodge I have met in person. I was planning on painting mine with a non
original red in place of the corol in the tri tone pattern but not anymore.
The white roof, black mid and coral front/bottom is simply georgeous it
really makes the car look like a 50's classic.  So I am now commited to
going with original the paint colors.

Some pictures are posted at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/finadk

Scott