[FWDLK] Stewart-Warner tachs

I was given a NOS 1965 Stewart-Warner tach and I want to install it in my Dodge PU.  It has an 18 inch cable out the back with three male prongs on the end.  Perhaps these can be cut off and the wires attached to 1. ground  2.  hot  3. coil.

Anybody familiar with these old units and how they interface with the engine room?

Larry W Jett
950 Woodside Road Suite 4
Redwood City CA 94061
650 368 3966