[FWDLK] rsut removal

Hi all,
    Another method of rust removal.   I was talking to a friend of mine that restores old muscle cars, and also is a farmer and trapper.   He and I were talking about the electrolysis method discussed on the list, and he mentioned how he gets rust off his traps and other rusty parts.  It is all natural and only takes a few days vs. hours.
    He takes all of his old rusty traps at the end of trapping season, and buries them in the mud or top soil beneath the oak trees in his woods for 4 - 5 days.  He then takes them out and throws then in the creek to wash off the mud along with the rust.
    The earth under the Oak trees has "tanic" acid...if I got that right, in it from the decaying leaves and tree matter.  I guess it works better if it is wet.  If you don't happen to have an Oak tree on your property, you could ask someone if you could dig up some dirt from around an Oak tree on their property...it doesn't take much for many small parts and it is re-useable.
    I really don't think going to the local cemetary or golf course at night and digging up soil or burying misc. auto parts would make a very good impression.  So, for those of you not able to try the "Oak dirt" let us know how the electrolysis works.
    Me, I will have to wait until the wonderful soil in my woods thaws and is actually dirt again, and not the "Frozen Tundra"  Wisconsin is famous for!
John in WI...9 below at chore time...5 AM