Re: [FWDLK] The correct stance

Vincent Van Humbeeck wrote:

Hi,

First of all, many thanks to everyone who answered my question about the
rear axle locking up. Since my pinion nut seems to be OK, it would turn out
to be that my drive pinion bearings are shot, and that my rear axle needs
restoration.

Some weeks ago, I asked about Springs'n Things and their products. Many
people pointed to me that they sold standard leaf springs as well as custom
ones, allowing your car to have a specific "stance".

Now, I've seen a lot of '57-'58 Plymouth pictures so far and I've come to
realize that I liked their look even better when they had a low stance (look
for example at this '57 Fury on display at the Chrysler museum
http://www.forwardlook.net/events/gfs2001/IM000421.JPG). So I was wondering
if new (standard height) leaf springs would maintain that look (which is
certainly amplified when old sagging springs are still on the car) or if I
should go with half an inch or a full inch lower height leaf springs ?

Thanks.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 2003 Calendar voting results and ordering information is online! Please visit: http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2003 for more information.