[FWDLK] The Correct Stance

Vincent and others,

I really think that anyone who is considering new leaf springs for their cars should contact Eaton Detroit Spring Co.  http://www.eatonsprings.com/    They were the original supplier to Chrysler and they have the blueprints and knowledge to give you anything you need.    Aftermarket suppliers like "Springs and Things" may buy from Eaton and mark them up OR they may have a spring shop down the street that will make something sort of close!

Keep in mind that heavy duty (HD) suspensions as in Chrysler 300s, Dodge D500 packages, Furys and some Adventurers would lower the car because of their HD coils or torsion bars up front and their HD leaf springs in the rear.   That is correct, HD suspensions LOWER  a car about an inch, not raise it.

Mike Apfelbeck's comment regarding stock height springs and then use of customizers lowering blocks is a good way to go but you still have standard suspension and will have to take torque out of the torsion bars to equalize the front.  With HD leaf springs, your first inch of lowering also gets you a more stable ride, especially in cornering and also a just slightly more harsh ride.

Contact Eaton with a phone call and speak to a salesperson.  They are very knowledgeable.   I just ordered a pair of HD plus  (heavier than HD) rear leaf springs for my '57 DeSoto Firedome 2dr.  I will also be using HD torsion bars in front and yes, the car will have a slight "California rake" when completed.

Wayne