[FWDLK] Flathead 6 Water Pump

I'm in need of a replacement water pump for my '55 Plymouth 230-cid
6-cylinder.

I see on NAPAOnline there are 2 types of units available:  a "reman" unit
(p/n WP 58309) for $42 or a "new" heavy-duty ball-bearing universal pump
(p/n WP55713) for $69.  In the description it lists the "reman" unit as
having only one hose connection and rotates counterclockwise.  The "new"
unit has 3 hose connections and rotates clockwise.  Both have a "limited"
lifetime warranty.

The pump I removed from my engine has 2 hose connections (a big one on the
side for the discharge-to-radiator and a little one on top for the heater
core), and I don't know which direction it turns.  From what I know, my pump
is not the original.  It does not have a grease port like the originals do,
and apparently has a higher flow capacity than do the originals (5 vanes vs.
2)?

What do you folks recommend?  Any other sources to consider?  Would a NOS
pump be as good as a reman. or new unit?  Would it be better to send mine
out to have it restored (even though it's not the "original") - and if so,
to whom?  Do any of you have experience with either of these NAPA pumps?

Thanks,
Jason.

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE *****
The content contained in this e-mail transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.