[FWDLK] oil filter

I want to thank all of you that responded to my question on tires-

And I also have another question:

I want to install an oil filter adapter on my 55 Ply 6 cyl with a homemade bracket because the kit didn't come with a bracket for this particular application-The adapter uses regular Fram oil filters.

My question is: Do I need to leave the oil filter slanted to allow the oil to drip into the motor by gravity or is it alright if the filter is positioned completely vertically upwards. In the old system, the oil flows into the top and comes out of the bottom which leads me to think that maybe the oil needs to flow back into the motor by itself (gravity flow)- On the other hand, I also think that the oil pump should have pressure enough to force the oil out the oil fiter even if it positioned completely vertically upwards.

Also, keeping the oil filter slanted too much on the bracket will spill the oil when removing the oil filter -

What I don't want to do is damage the engine in the long run because of insufficient oil flow.

Thanks and I hope you understand what I am trying to do--

Jesus '55 Ply + other non Forward Look cars

Do you Yahoo!?