[FWDLK] search tune discoveries

Hello All,
                I told everyone a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to acquire some rare PHILCO factory service manuals for our Forward Look vehicles. They arrived Friday and I've been studying the '57 search tune models with great interest. It appears that I was correct. PHILCO had alot of difficulties with the '57 models. There were several problems that made them extend the warranty on parts and labor for an additional year. They had problems with the transistor, the relays, and the search tune mechanisms. So much in fact, they made a supplement to their service manuals showing the revisions made and what production run numbers had the most difficulty. There is alot here to list so if you're interested in what they did, please email me privately. I will work on my own radio to see what these revisions do and if they correct the problem.  Now if I could only get the time off of work to get my radios and those of you that I promised I would work on your radios. Will keep you all posted.
Take Care,
Frank