Re: [FWDLK] New Acquisition

Scott H wrote:

> I love the elephant but I took just that approach with my 56 Dodge.  It is
> getting a 360/408 stroker aluminum heads and 727 trans I figure I have to be
> saving 250 lbs or more with the lighter engine and trans plus loosing the
> cast iron heads.
> It will probably be stronger than any production HEMI BUT IT IS STILL NOT A
> HEMI!!!
> Certain things are just cool because of what they are and the legendary
> status that they have acquired , a  hemi is one of them.

> Scott

Just so's ya know, several years ago I saw a nice little hotrod coupe.
>From 35 feet away I noticed those hemi valvecovers. So I boogied over
to take a gander at this almost finished car.  UNDER the plastic hemi
valvecovers was your typical small block chebby, MAN was I disappointed.

If you can't have one, fake em out seemed to be the name of the game.
Someone out there makes vacuum ( I think thats how they are made ) formed
FAKE hemi valvecovers.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6