Re: [FWDLK] grabbing brakes on my '57: problem solved

Re: [FWDLK] grabbing brakes on my '57: problem solved

*snip*

> What do you think of installing a left on right side ? (according to
> thread studs). I've put some Loctite on 2 nuts ...

You'll be fine. At some point, whoever was working on my car (a screw up
that's not mine for once!) put the drums on backwards. The drums for the
passenger side were on the drivers side, and vice-versa. I of course, am
of the opinion if you find something working one way, you should leave it
that way, even if its wrong. The classic "if it ain't broke...".
But anyway I've been driving my '61 Newport for years with the drums on
backwards, with no trouble yet. I've only lost a wheel once, and that was
because I didn't tighten the lugnuts. Well, twice I've lost a wheel, but
the second time it took a drum and an axle with it-that wasn't my fault.
Glad to hear it's stopping properly again.

~dave
'61 Newport
'67 Kaiser M-715
'91 Toyota Pickup

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United
States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also
enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.