[FWDLK] Off my rockers?

OK, so my mechanic is traveling in Europe (purportedly on funds derived from
servicing vehicles such as my own 8^)  He's back in a couple weeks, at which
time I'll have him drop the trans and replace the rear seal (per my earlier
post, below).  But then I'm thinking:  I should probably clean up the sludge
on the passenger side, the way I did on the driver's side, in case any globs
migrate to the crankcase after I clean -- he'll have the pan off, and will
clean the pickup while he's at it.  And then I'm thinking:  Since I wasn't
overly impressed with the flow of oil coming from the rocker arms, maybe I
should pull them and clean them up too.  So here's my question(s):

1) Are there any risks in pulling the rocker assemblies?  Obviously, the
valves will have to be adjusted; but, apart from that?

2) If I need any springs (the ones that separate the intake and exhaust
rockers), does anyone have a good source?

        adTHANKSvance,
        Dan
        '59 Sport Fury