[FWDLK] Spindle mystery

Can somebody tell me what I'm missing here. In previous posts list members have said they have used Volare spindles in conversion to front disc brakes.  One fellow said he used spindles from a 85 Chrysler NYer 5th Avenue.  In my case I have a 59 Plymouth and it's spindles measure 6 1/4 inches between ball joints. '77 Volare spindles measure 5" between these two points. I have a friend with a '88 Chr NYer 5th ave and that also measures 5" between ball joints....so thats an 1 1/4" difference.  Any info appreciated.   John Z