Re: [FWDLK] 59 Dodge on TV

Garrett.
Yes it was a 59 Dodge D500 2 door hardtop. It belongs to a friend of mine.
What you may find hard to believe is that the ad (for Scott Tissue) was shot down
here in Auckland, New Zealand.
Of course it was not a real car show. The whole thing was put together just for the
ad, and shot at a bloodstock sales yard. It involved a lot of cast and crew (I
counted 150 heads for breakfast one morning.) The whole ad was shot over 4 long 12
hour days.
Cars in the 'car show' included the 59 Dodge, 70 Dodge Challenger, 68 Dodge
Charger, 56 Desoto 2dhdtp, 641/2 Mustang fastback, AC Cobra, 58 Fairlane 4dhdtp, 57
Fairlane Retractable hdtp, 59 Fairlane Retractable hdtp, 59 Cadillac 2dhdtp, 59
Cadillac Convertible, 56 Cadillac, 68 Pontiac Convertible, 59 Chev El Camino, 29
Chev truck, 51 Ford, 63 Corvette, 55 T Bird, E type Jag, 56 Ford Victoria, 55 F100
Truck, Studebaker, 58 Corvette, 59 Corvette, 47 Chev truck, Metropolitan Nash and a
Bambina.
For all these cars there were only 3 car wranglers to drive them all into location
etc, and I was one of them. I drove every single car except the Bambina.
Hey it's a dirty job but someone has to do it!
If anyone is able to tape the ad and mail it to me, I would be willing to pay for
it, as I have not seen the ad and probably never will in this country.
Glenn.
57 Fury.