[FWDLK] The mushroom factor

Well, I didn't have a problem with transmission fluid leaking (at least, not
one I was aware of) until I had the rear main seal in the engine replaced.
But the installation of the main seal (apparently) caused enough trauma to
the dried-out transmission seal to cause it to leak steadily.  Instead of
trying the rejuvenate-with-brake-fluid approach -- something I probably
should have tried -- I used my day off to take it to a local transmission
shop.  He dropped the trans, and showed me the wear on the sleeve and the
torque converter, with the corresponding wear in the front pump.  With all
that wobble, there's no guarantee it won't continue to leak now that it's
apart.

So the parts from Fatsco will arrive Monday, but I'm wondering what will
give way next.  I guess if I replace everything under the paint, I'll be
alright... 8^)

        Dan
        '59 Sport Fury