[FWDLK] 56 Plymouth for sale

Jason is selling his 56 Belvedere and the 56 Belvedere
Texas car.  We will probably list it on eBay in about
a week or so and we'll take new pictures for the
listing. We'll set a reserve of $3800 on the red one
and $1000 on the brown Texas car just to see what, if
any interest there is.  We have no idea if the car is
worth that or not, I guess the bidders will tell us.

Pictures can be seen at:   www.56plymouth.cjb.net

This car was a South Carolina car.  Kept in family and
moved to Florida by brother of original owner.  Was
repainted and used only for parades and car shows for
22 years.  Owner died and car was left to niece in
Michigan who kept it for one year and decided to sell.
 We bought it in 1998, redid interior (except for
headliner and windlace).  Jason started driving it in
September 1999.  Has deteriorated some since being
driven daily but is still a worthy and good-looking
car.  Replaced the 277 (blown piston) with a 318 from
a 1959 Plymouth wagon (fire dept car) with 49,000
miles (from John Bartell).  Runs rough and smokes
some.  Still a reliable car worthy of more restoration
or driving as is.  The dent seen on the left front
fender on the top picture was repaired.  Both front
fenders have been painted with basecoat-clearcoat and
a difference in appearance is noticeable from the
enamel (or whatever old paint hey used to use).

67,000 miles on odometer, but it broke sometime after
we owned the car. New (used) 318 engine was put in.
Car has about 71,000 and 318 engine has about 51,000.
Speedo works, not odometer.

New tires (2000 miles on 75,000 mile radials), rear
brakes (3 months), muffler (6 months), battery (2
months), rebuilt starter (2 months).

All glass good, no cracks.

Starting to show surface rust around rockers, rear
wells and some bubbling around headlights.  Has broken
left taillight lens (I have a replacement) and small
dent from a backing ding.

These pictures were taken three years ago when Jason
was 16 and first began driving the car.  The first
year we owned the car (1998) we did some interior work
on it.  New kick plates, rear deck, front seat
upholstery, new interior paint, new vinyl dye, new
carpet.  Headliner and windlace are badly rotted and
need replacing.  The  steering wheel finish has worn
off a bit and the horn ring top has broken off since
picture was taken.   All interior metal was
professionally painted by local body shop.  New NOS
front seat upholstery professionally done.  All vinyl
professionally dyed (off-white and black)

The Texas (brown) car is a complete car.  One family
owned (nephew received it from aunt who was original
owner).  No cancer/rust, just surface browning from
the Texas air/sand, wind, etc.  All glass good.
Interior rotted.  Runs but not well ? supposedly needs
a cam.  Tires hold air but are dry rotted.   Chrome
all there and pretty good (definitely cleanable), some
dents on door strips. Has air conditioning with under
dash delivery (maybe this was a dealer add, don?t
know)

Have taken a few things off for Jason?s daily driver:
Wiring harness from steering column (horn/directional
assembly)
Linkage rod from gas pedal (still have old one for
repair)
Trunk and glove box lock assemblies

Email me if you have an interest or questions.

Joe and Jason