Re: [FWDLK] Leaks 'R Us

>[Mike Apfelbeck]:
>That round plate is the adjuster wheel that is rotated to adjust the
>shifter cable. The leak is coming from an o-ring located just under the
>wheel. You will have to remove the lower end of the shift cable to replace
>it. Brake fluid probably won't help on this one, a new 30 cent o-ring is
>likely the way to go.

>[John Bartell:]
>I believe there is a small O-ring on the end of the shift cable where
>it goes into the tranny.  Of course to replace this, you will neeed to take
>the shift cable out and install the new O-ring...

Yup, the plate is removed, and I can see the o-ring at the end.  However,
there's a shaft that goes through the o-ring into the threaded shaft the
adjuster wheel turns on.  I can pull it out so far, and that's it.  I
obviously have to disassemble something else...  Can anyone describe what to
do, or have a pic from a parts book?  As I said before, this is different
than what's in the shop manual for '57-'58, and the '59 supplement doesn't
have anything...

        Thanks
        Dan
        '59 Sport Fury (with Torqueflite)