From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:l-forwardlook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of eddee
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 2:54 PM
To: l-forwardlook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] 318 PLYM block questions

Hello List
I found some slack in my timing chain so I decided to replace it.

During the adventure I came up with 2 sets of questions/surprises........
The block number (which I knew was a replacement 318) is R 318-118957  HD.  I am assuming with previous info from the list that she is a 1961 block because of the 'R'
1) Does the HD mean anything or was that the fellows initials at CHRYSLER who assembeled it??
Does the s/n make sense  (the 7 is a guess, possibly nothing there) it could be 11895

2)My harmonic balancer has deep groves where the seal rides.
While apart should I replace it??  Are they easy to find or inexpensive??

Thanks in advance for the help

ED
LI  NY
57 FURY