Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 2:04 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] When it rains it pours

Hi again group,
As if I didn't have enough projects already, 2 more have fallen into my lap in the last week.  I'm curious as to what the group thinks these 2 cars are worth that I've encountered and have questions about both of them:

1961 DeSoto four door hardtop.  VIN # 61  13124486.  The current owner tells me this car is the 15th from the last DeSoto made.  Can anybody verify this from the VIN?  361, Torqueflite, PS, PB.  It's a good solid restoration candidate, could probably be made to run as is, paint is not too bad, but interior is trash.  Some rust in floors.  Heavy bondo on left front fender.  No missing major parts, even the taillights are still good.

1958 DeSoto Firedome Wagon.  Four door.  This car is a roach, rust wise, but of course rust can be repaired if you throw enough $$$ at it.  325? V8 poly, Torqueflite, all there, just extremely rusty car on the bottom end.  Looks really cool 'cuz it's black and the taillights are good on this one too!!

I know these two are rare, and the '61 will certainly be worth more, I'm curious if I should fork out the bucks for these. . .whaddaya all think?

Mark   mjh
southern Oregon, where I'm starting to corner the market on Finned Mopars. . .