[FWDLK] CORRECT White Wall Width

One thing to keep in mind when shopping for tires and seeking "correct white wall width" is that in most cases there were at least two tire companies supplying tires to the factory for new car production.  Thus, if both Goodyear and Firestone were suppliers that year, there could very well have been 1/4" or 1/2" of difference in the white width between them  Both would be correct as original equipment.  Now, usually, one manufacturer was the primary supplier so what we remember for width is what we saw most often and it is when we vary from that, that the width begins to look inappropriate.

Yes, a few models, like the Chrysler 300s, came ONLY with a very specific tire in certain years.  Thus, for example, the Goodyear white wall "Blue Streak" width of 2.5" is the only correct white wall width in 1957.

Wayne