Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 2:48 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Aftermarket brake drum balancing ?

Had some some aftermarket brake drums installed on a daily driver('84 Chrysler 5th Avenue). At speeds higher than 45 mph an unbalanced condition started and at 60 to 65 the car was undrivable.Had all four tires balanced and the condition still existed. I thought it could be a broken belt on one of the tires. After trials of switching tires found the brake drums had no weights on to balance them.When the old drums were replaced the car ran as smooth as ever. My question ,are all after market brake drums unbalanced ??? If so, who offers a service to balance these drums ? I would think all aftermarket drums should be balanced otherwise they are useless.
I should mention they were from CHina !! Would Mother Mopar supply balanced drums with the weights. Sorry,somewhat off forwardlook, but could affect any of our forwardlook cars.
Any info appreciated. Thanks

Brad Werner
'57 Dodges