Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] brake kits

Hi Dave,

Checked with Stainless Steel Brakes and they do not do a front disc conversion for your Imperial. I had my 1960 Chrysler converted with their kit.

SS Brakes offers a dual master cylinder for Mopars:
http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/contact/

See the clearance problem that we had in the MC conversion of my 1960 Chrysler 300-F. I have to use a long wire tie to attach the cover:
http://www.crossrams.com/rinaldi/discbrake/two/mastercyl.html

One of the options that was available for my car was to use a 1972 Imperial set up. This can be viewed at:
http://www.crossrams.com/imperialswap/swap1.html

Not sure if this set up will fit a 1960 Imperial. Maybe some of our more knowledgeable members can help.

There are some other discussions re master cylinders on the same web site. Also see:

http://www.crossrams.com/
http://www.crossrams.com/dualmaster/mod.html
http://www.crossrams.com/brakeconversion/disc2.html
http://www.crossrams.com/rinaldi/discbrake/two/mastercyl.html

Good luck in your search to replace your ?Totally Incontinent Brakes?.

Tony Rinaldi