From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Nick Sperduto
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 7:35 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] It runs but I don't know why

If anyone was following the story with my 56 Savoy. It got stuck last week.
I thought it was the fuel pump.
It turned out not to be that. I had weak spark at the points.

I took the 56 distrib out, changed the points and condensor, the car still
would not start.
I replaced the coil. The car still would not start
A friend stopped by and cranked the engine for me. Good spark at the points,
weak spark at the spark plug.
I took a 55 distributor out of a running 55 that I have, put it in the 56.
The 56 now runs.

I'm really confused.
I take the 55 distributor out and put the 56 distrib back in and the car
starts right up.
I take the 56 distrib out cut the insulation off the internal lead. It
looked pinched, but it was only the insulation and not the wire. I put new
insulation on, put the distrib back in and the car still runs.

So in the end, the car runs, but I can't pinpoint what the problem was for
sure.

Nick

2003 Calendar voting results and ordering information is online!  Please
visit: