[FWDLK] Shock mount suggestions so far.

A couple of good suggestions with my thoughts, still looking for a flash of brilliance.  Don't hesitate to suggest something obvious, wouldn't be the first time I missed something easy.

Hi,
I put a 69 ply RR  suregrip rear under my 54 Desoto station wagon and used the 56 Shock mount pads and 56 shocks . I had to move the spring perches on the housing a little. Couldn't you use yours as well? Just a thought.
John
I would like to have used the orginals but the lower mount is an intergral part of the spring pad, they just kicked it up at the back and fastened a shock mount style bolt to it. So, it must be a little different than yours.

Do you have any objection to using the later model spring plates/mounts (the things the U-bolts hold on to)?
DaveG

The lower shock mount is on the plates of the later models. I have ones from an M body but they won't work real nice as they are set up for the rubber spring isolators.  I was also hoping to use a bolt/bolt style like stock. The one I have uses a threaded post type (best way I can think to describe it)  I have never seen one with a bolt through top and post bottom.  If someone knows of one with one like that let me know.  I know the Chevy Nova has one but I'd like a mopar application if possible. Did I also mention I am to lazy to fart around with it much as well?

Regards,

Do you Yahoo!?