[FWDLK] Greetings from new odnwer

Hello!

I'm Bill, and I live in Southeast TN.

In 1960, my great aunt Elsie-Mae bought a sky blue 1960 Savoy. It was
a basic car, slant 6, 3 on the tree, no power anything. The only
option the car had was the heater.

In 1976, she passed on, and the car was passed in her will to my
father. At that time, the car had 26kmi, and had the usual assortment
of dings and dents one would expect of a car driven by an 80+ year
old elderly lady.

I drove the car a lot thru highschool in the late 70's (it wasn't
fast, but it was COOL), and then the car didn't see much use after I
left home. It had started to rust in spots, etc.

Then, in 96, my Dad got a wild hair up is rear, and had the car
restored. New paint, new interior, and he decided (I objected and
wanted to keep it stock) to swap the 225-6 for a 440 v-8 and a
puchbuttom automatic.

So, now this past summer, with Dad getting older, he decided he
wasn't using the car much, and wanted to get rid of it. He called me
and told me to come get it, or he was going to sell it.

I travelled to PA with my F-150 pickup, rented an auto transport from
U-Haul, and towed the car back home.

She is a beaut, nice and clean and new looking. The V-8 is from a
late 60's car, and was rebuilt before installation. The pushbutton
auto is from a 1963 car. All other systems on the car were either
replaced or rebuilt in 96, and Dad also had aftermarket air
installed.

So, from the outside, my car looks like a perfectly restored 60
Savoy, but with the torque monster 440 under the hood.

I'm just going to hang here for a while before I start asking
questions, but trust me, I do have a list of questions.

I spent all last weekend washing/waxing/detailing the car, and she
looks great. Is there anywhere I can upload some pictures?

Bill