Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 4:45 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] highway hifi questions

Hi all,
I've just received the Highway hifi i won on ebay and as expected it needs some restauration (some rust on the case and on the handle of the table, rubber insulators) + i think other parts (like vibrator or cartridge).
here are my questions:
- Where the Hifi was installed on an Imperial ? Under the dash i'm sure but where ? In the middle (above the trans. hump) but ther's an A/C outlet nozzle ? Under glove box ? My car was factory equiped with the HiFi but when i restored the car i couldn't find any brace or bracket.
- How the HiFi is installed under the  dash ? The top of the unit has two "hooks" and one bracket with a bolt . If i remember some old posts seems that there was a special bracket or fixture.
- Where i could find a cartridge ? Mine (Shure 543, don't know if it's original or old replacement) seems very very tired..
- I'm looking also for a ... record !!!
I've some adress like JCauto (rubbers insulators) or Pfanstiehl Phonograph for cartridge (don't know if this seller still exists..) but i'm interested in all other infos..
Thanks
--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad