[FWDLK] Steering play

The recent talk about the amount of play in the steering wheel brings my
situation to mind. I have what I consider a great deal of play in my wheel.
I have no idea what is a normal amount of play but what I have seems
excessive. I can drive 70 on the freeway without a problem but each and
every correction does take more then a slight turn of the wheel. How much is
too much? Is there any sort of specific measurements on this? Many of the
emails of the subject did not go to the group as a whole. I would like to
know what I can do to fix the "problem".

Thanks.

James
1959 Dodge