[FWDLK] Front end rebuild for a '59

I am going to rebuild the front end of my '59 Dodge. I know this has been
discussed before and I try to save al the emails that I think I will need
but....

Does anyone have any links or book references on the basic process? For
instance, does on replace the Tie Rod ends as a matter of course or is there
some way to tell if what you have are fine? Here is an old post from 2001.
Is this correct?

>Its not the rod that goes bad, it is the ball and socket ends go bad.
One replaces these sockets or "tie rod ends".  They are going bad when if
you twist the rod by hand and there is not hardly any resistance at all,
they are worn.  When you twist and can rock the ball in the socket because
there is free play of the spring loaded mounting surface inside, then they
are more than worn, they are worn out.

>On some "rods" like the steering center link of most of our cars, the ends
are not replaceable but are an integral part with the shaft.  When these are
worn and worn out, the entire unit must be replaced or rebuilt by a source
like Rare Parts.

I also have old posts stating that to remove the best way to remove a ball
joint is to have a machine shop do it.

Also, do you recommend getting some sort of complete front end kit from
Bernbaum or piecing it out with some from Napa, some from Bernbaum and some
from whoever? I want to get good parts at the best price, but unless I have
something resembling a "shopping list", I have no way to piece it out and in
essence, create a complete kit for the best price. Also, I know there are
NOS parts here and there, is that a good way to go?

Finally, what if anything do I need to do in relation to the Torsion Bars??

This is the first time I am going to do this so any tips you may have will
be most appreciated.

Thanks again to all for their help.

James
1959 Dodge