Re: [FWDLK] Getting my door panels done..Where?

Re: [FWDLK] Getting my door panels done..Where?

I wasn't aware that Gary or Just Dashes "made" vinyl (& in your case:
cloth) door panels.

SMS made the vinyl "surrounds" for my 57's doors (complete w'/mylar
'accents') & my upholstery shop mated their vinyl (& foam under-padding)
to my car's door-cardboard, & to the doors' 'painted/printed'
vinyl-center-section.

The SMS vinyl (red) was perfect, & the oval 'accents' were
correctly-shaped, but the actual
mylar 'texture' is SLIGHTLY different, from "original"--virtually
undetectable--the foam-under-padding REALLY makes the door trim panels
feel soft, & 3-dimensional.

Years later, the accents are still adhering to the door-vinyl, but a
close inspection reveals that the end-edges of the accents "want" to
separate (slightly) from the vinyl.

I don't know if SMS is presently able to make "complete" door trim
panels, but, if you've got a good upholstery shop, they should be able
to 'mate' new-vinyl/mylar sections to your doors' central"upholstery"
sections.

I recommend SMS, but NOT everyone has had
terrific experience w/them, for various reasons--some have said that the
best way to pay them is to go to Portland, & physically exchange their
dinero for the finished product!

Again, I've always done right, by them--upholstery cloth, originally
(1982??)

PS--you newer guys can't appreciate how (relatively!) abundant soft-(&
"hard") parts, are, nowadays--it USED to be a REAL treasure-hunt, for
upholstery cloth, & trim, with obsolete- cloth companies.  --I found NOS
"Staccatto" cloth for my CRL @ a company called "Dearborn Corp!"

Nobody TMK, yet-makes 'correct' seat beading. My local upholstery shop
JUST HAPPENED
to have enough NOS beading to "do" my seats
(& that's a LOT of linear-footage).

V.