[FWDLK] let's vibrate ... (was radio vibrator)

[FWDLK] let's vibrate ... (was radio vibrator)

Thanks to all who answered to my last post about radio vibrator.
But now i don't need any replacement because ... it works !!
I've used the method described by John Hunter in the
http://203.44.53.131/Vibrator/Vibrator.htm page : i've "electrocuted"
the vibrator to remove contacts oxyde (note that i've removed the
"electronic" from the can tube). The first try was ... a smoke from a
resistor soldered across 2 contacts but vibrations. I removed the
resistor and made another test: the vibrator didn't work ! After some
checks i decided to re-soldered the resistor (i checked it before ..)
and "good vibrations" (and no smoke !). I "cleaned" with this method the
two contacts, removed the system  then wired it to + 12 V source . Again
good vibrations !!!
I put it on the highway hifi, helped a little the motor to start (must
be surely seized since the time) and the motor runs as in 1956 (or 57) ...
The turntable doesn't turn because ther's a missing part (small axle)
between motor and mechanism: it's the next work.. I must also replaced
the capacitors , even if the motor runs, it's mandatory !

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad