[FWDLK] Does anybody REALLY need exhaust deflectors?

[FWDLK] Does anybody REALLY need exhaust deflectors?

There are actually THREE different versions of the 57/58 exhaust
deflectors:

1. "this" Ebay version, with separate stainless-steel "tongue", but with
1-piece "body"
and complete "upper-roof" section.

I've got a Show Quality set of these, & I'll sell them for $500.00, plus
shipping--silly/ridiculous? Maybe/sure, but "these" guys went for $65.00
MORE, plus shipping.

This-style also is (mucho) more difficult to install, with the rear
bumper 'mounted', on the car, due to the complete "upper-roof" section,
which limits access to the attaching nuts-&-bolts

2. Just like #1, EXCEPT that this-style has a "cute" removable
screwed-in  trap-door section, so that a person "only" had to replace
that lower rusted-out,  driveway-gouged  part of the deflector, instead
of paying about $3.00 (iirc, from an old issue of Cars & Parts[?], which
featured Richard Kocher's  all-black CRL D500 2-dr)  for a "complete"
deflector(!!!!!).

I have only seen this style on original 1958 cars.

3. What I've got on Horace, now. This style is the "cheapest"
construction, but easiest to attach, to a "mounted" bumper.  [Styles #1
& #2
are easy to install onto a 'removed' bumper].

This style features a  partial-tongue, which is rivited onto the sides
of the deflector-body, and
a "scalped"  (missing) roof-section, so that there is a slight gap,
between the 'forehead' of the deflector, and the underside of the
bumper. BUT, this style can 'easily' be attached to a mounted bumper,
due to the lack of  a 'roof' section.

I've been 'saving' the second set of deflectors (along w/my virtual-NOS
2-tone steering wheel)
for the mythological 1957 Dodge convertible, that I've HEARD was
produced, but which  I'm not so sure, now, ever really existed.

Neil Vedder

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=2430661664