Re: [FWDLK] 57 D-500-1 question

OK Guys and Gals:

You want to know how numbers were arrived at for HP...

I will give you one story and the rest you will have to extrapolate!

Remember the horsepower of the 55 Plymouth V8? How was the number derived?  Well, Ross Roy and his company went around to the printing plants that were printing competitors manuals and voila a number was "given" that just edged the competitor's engines. Ross, who I knew and deeply appreciated, told me this story among many, many others. Don't know who Ross Roy was? He and his company printed, among other things, the Ross Roy data books and the owner's manuals.

Sherwood Kahlenberg