[FWDLK] Fwd: Re: 57 D-500-1 question

OK, let's see if I can get "this" straight; Sherwood wanted to know  who
"thought"
that the D501 didn't "come" with the Dodge truck 4-bolt exhaust
manifolds (which they most certainly DID 'do').

Wayne Graefen emailed me, privately(??), & said he's ask  "B-guru" [MY
term!]  John Lazenby about whether the 'mythological ' 355H.P.  "B"
only had the Truckers, or, whether or not there were 'other' engine-mods
which would account for the 10 (actually : 15 H.P. difference, between
the 340-B & the 355-B)

Now, I'm "saying" all this, because I'm not sure if John's response to
Wayne/me will be "Forwardable-lookable" to this List, or knot!

Anyway, John stated that he's never actually encountered a "355"-B, but
that he's installed the Truckers on his own "B", along w/bigger "pipes",
& that he's noticed a BIG boost in apparent  H.P., as the result.

Finally, he speculates (correctly) that there was a surfeit of 300B
engines lying around, for installation in the D501's (compared to using
the 392's [ with  the "dilution" of their cachet, in a Dodge---this is
MY comment!]

Again, I apologize for reiterating John's info, if his 'message' is able
to be posted to y'all

FINALLY, Lee Smith confirmed the carb numbers I referrenced (thanx, Lee,
but I GOT those numbers off of your own car's carbs), but I wonder if
those carbs were 1957-issue, instead of 1956'ers, & if the D501 had a
1957 camshaft in it.

Neil