From: DupontTim@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:31:50 EDT
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] DAMMIT, we're in agreement; I hate that!

Gang, I firmly believe that advertised HP ratings are mostly cooked up. But in my documents there is one factory supported reference. I have a factory dyno sheet on the newly available 56 D500-1 dual quad engine dated 3-9-56 and it was done on a used D500 mule engine with the key dash one parts added i.e. the dual intake and Large exhaust (2 1/2 incher 4 bolt flange) which by the way unlike Chryslers were not truck but D500 only for 56, the cam was stock D500 and so was the CR at 9.25. The readings peaked at 276 HP &  322 ft lbs about 16 over the D500 advertised rating. The engine however was then improved with the higher compression heads and reprofiled cams for high speed, the carbs were also eventually rejetted after dyno work by Danny Eames in April. However when I had the privilege of talking to a Kiekhaefer dyno mechanic referred to me by Wayne G a few years back he stated that routinely the Dodges when blueprinted and dyno tuned were in excess of 1 HP per cubic inch with all "stock" components and likewise the Chryslers easily exceeded all stated ratings. This leads me to believe that the factory was in no way looking to boost ratings. Just my 2 cents, Tim