Re: [FWDLK] Show ME da NUMBERS!

OK Folks, For starters, I have a page from a "Drag News" circa 56, It was sent to me by Jim Talbot of Tennessee. I only have one page (page 13) the date or issue is not on it, But it has an Honest Charley Speed Shop ad offering the 56-57 catalog. In a Column on drag racing results it states the following ATAA Official results World Series of Drag Racing, Laweranceville, Illinois August 22-26. In the list of winners under Stock Class it lists Ed Lyons 56 Dodge at 102.389*  * DENOTES RECORD. Jim sent this to me with a long letter, he was at all kinds of events from speed weeks to many drags and NASCAR circuits. I'm sure some are embellished, so I would only repeat them as legend. However I spoke with him on the phone more than once and he struck me as a very reasonable person. I have other documents but to get the actual numbers I will have to go thru many mags and such I don't have them memorized. There is no doubt in my mind that Ed Lyons was serving notice in 56 with his Dash One and he set the bar pretty high. More to come. Tim