[FWDLK] Torqueing your bars!

Gil, I 'reported' on most of the AMA specs, yesterday, but 1-thing I
found to be unusual, but DIDN'T mention, was the size/part-numbers on
the Torsion bars.

The AMAspecs mention 1.09" bars,for the D501,  which are the same size
as the standard Coro/Royal , AND  the Fury (all these cars did NOT have
front sway bars, and the stiffer-than- 1.04"-  stock- Custom- Royal
T/bars was to compensate for the lack of a swaybar).

The 1.09" bars were optional on the CRL (which is what I've installed,
on Horace).

The Fury/Coro/Royal bars have P/N's: 1635952 /3 (with the last "3"
numbers 'stamped' onto the rear of the bars.

The standard 6-cyl-type T/bars were 1"ers, and carried P/N's of
1635950/1.

The reason I mention all this is Lee Smith's car has the "Heavy Duty"
T/bars : 1635956/7 , which I BELIEVE--not gonna do Research, tonite--are
1.11", the same as the 300's/imps, BUUUTTT, the Chry/Des/Imp bars were
LONGER, and had P/N's: 1635960/1.

BUUUTTT (ii) , the good ol'  AMA specs don say nutthin more, than that
the D501's T/bars
were (supposed-to-be-only) 1.09"ers.

Definition of  MoPar?  :  "Never-say-never"

Neil Vedder