Re: [FWDLK] Show ME da NUMBERS!

Dave with all due respect. I was racing Furys back then in 56 and I have a lot of respect for Arnie Beswick and what he did with the 56 Dodge D500. However that does not exempt him from bull shitting or exaggerating a little. I have all kind of records from back in 1956 and they all show he was turning mid to low 15 second ETs in the quarter mile. Which at that time (1956) was SUPER FAST!!!!!! If he told people that today they would laugh at him (if they are young) and he knows that. So he flower it up a little. Arnie certainly made his share of super low ET with his little Pontiac Tiger Tempest. The consistency of the 1956 records I have according to what you are saying would mean Arnie ALWAYS LEFT OFF THE GAS IN A RACE---------NO WAY!!!!!!
    I also find it hard to believe that the 57 Dodge D501 was too heavy and did not handle as well as the 56 Dodge. Although the 57 was heaver because of the Hemi engine it was also lower and wider and had the super improved torsion bar suspension.
     If Arnie Beswick was turning high 13 second Elapses times in the quarter mile you can definitely count on the engine was not a Stock Dodge 315 cu inch engine according to the rules back then. When a record is set the engine is really check out. Other times it is not checked unless you are protested by someone in your class. All I have is the Official Records as printed by NHRA.

                                                                                                              Ron Allyn Swartley
56 Fury  Stock
56 Fury 392 Hemi
58 Fury Golden Commando