[FWDLK] '55 New Yorker, St. Regis 2 dr

Hi All,
I am going to purchase this car tomorrow.  It's been sitting for 2 years,
outside, in northern California.  It is pretty straight, but will need some
chrome work and stainless steel trim redone or replaced.  The inside
surround of the windshield looks to me like it will need replacing.  The
trim on top of the side windows, also.  The engine ran when parked.  I don't
have a factory service manual, or anything else concerning this model.
Can you tell me where to look for the data plate, (VIN, etc) on this model?
The other information I am looking for right now is, who are the used parts
guys for this model, and who are the NOS guys.  I feel certain the engine
will need a rebuild, as well as the transmission and brakes.  Pretty basic,
non-optioned car.  Any help will be much appreciated.  Thanks for your

Tony