[FWDLK] water pump

Hey does anyone know where I can get a water pump for my 61 newport.. I called egge and they can only re-build mine for $42 and about 2 weeks to do the work.

Which brings me to my next question……can I just remove the impeller part of the entire water pump assembly…….it seems like only 4 small bolts and they are easy to get to. ?.........if I study it …it seems logical to just remove the impeller part since that is the only thing with moving parts.

Hunter

OC so.cal.