[FWDLK] Lenses by DeSoto George personal report

[FWDLK] Lenses by DeSoto George personal report

George and Nancy Terry, 300C owners from San Antonio, TX, were
recently in Australia and while there visited "DeSoto George" who
has an ever increasing inventory of Mopar reproduction lenses, most
suitable to around our era.  With their permission, I am following
their edited notes to me about the visit.

Wayne
*************************

When it came to his office/computer room, it was neat and well
organized.  Same for his work area in one of the other buildings.
He showed us the products he uses in creating his molds, the lens
materials and the color tints.  He is
totally serious about making the best parts possible and uses the
best materials he can buy.  The silicone is imported from the US for
the molds.  If anything went wrong with anything he made, I'm
convinced it would really be an accident.  Told me to email him when
I got home and tell him what I wanted and he'd send them.  Right
now, he's working on the tri-color 300 side medallions.  He'll be
working to get '57 Chrysler tail light lenses soon. We visited with
him for about 2 hours and thoroughly enjoyed the visit.  These
Aussie guys are really serious about their cars.

Saw 60 DeSoto tail light lenses he has, but didn't see any Chrysler
ones.  Am pretty sure he intends to do 60 Chrysler ones.  He did
have some DeSotos around, but no interesting ones from my
standpoint.  I expected him to have a 58 and I guess he did have one
once, but sold it.  He's been in the US many times apparently.

Nancy