Re: [FWDLK] POLITICAL CORRECT or Brakes, What Brakes

Re: [FWDLK] POLITICAL CORRECT or Brakes, What Brakes

This is the way I see it.
Today, we need great brakes.

Example: In 1955, everyone might have
approximately the same drum brakes.
Let the guy in front of you in 60 mph traffic
stand on his brakes, you stand on yours,
everything stops about the same.
(Poorly, but about equal.)
Now, fast forward (hehe he) to 2003 and you
are going 60 mph behind my 2003 car which
weighs less than your big old car and it has
disk brakes, maybe even oon all four wheels.
After descending some mountains through Tn,
I see trouble ahead and stomp on my brakes.
I quickly slow down in a straight line, until
your boat rams (hehe he) into the back of my
new car.

The old stuff was not unsafe. It worked.. but
the newer stuff stops so much better, that
it is not very safe to play in traffic anymore.

Tom          55 Coronet    in southern  Ohio

>>> Tony Rinaldi <awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx> 11/03/03 20:04 PM >>>
To All,

We are slowly but surely running out of brake drums.
<snip> and it wasn¹t until the 4 disc conversion on my 1960 Chrysler
300-F that I can drive comfortably and not worry about stopping straight
or
stopping in time ... And then doing it again in a short period of time
without brake fade.

Racing and driving at high speeds is one thing, stopping these monsters
is
another.

Tony