Re: [FWDLK] ARE WE BEING POLITICAL CORRECT

Re: [FWDLK] ARE WE BEING POLITICAL CORRECT

As I have 'mentioned', before,  there is reportedly a "super" brake
lining, that I've been informed, is referred to,  as being "FF/FF"
(maximum-wet/dry ratings) .  There is supposedly @ least 1 shop in SoCal
that  can attach that lining to 'your' brake-shoes, and/or, you might be
able to buy (on an 'exchange-basis') pre-lined shoes. I forget the name
of that shop (help!!)

I understand that the reason that 'our' brakes faded was due to s-itty
brake-lining MATERIAL,
as opposed to any 'real' defect in the "Centerplane" brake system, &/or
the fact of 14" wheels (which tightly enclosed the brakes, restricting
cooling air-flow to the brakes) .

Now, I see, in MoPar Action, that Firm-Feel is selling 'Super-Duper'
brake-shoe-assemblies for the 11x3" . As I've retrofitted (AWESOME
stopping response, @ 'reasonable' speeds [below 80  mph ] ) 11x3"
brakes, front & rear, I called Firm-Feel, & found that their brakes are
not-cheap ($300??-I forget) ; but I plan to buy them, sometime this
winter. Firm-Feels' linings are almost-certainly the FF/FF linings, but
I've
"heard" that the 'newest' linings are rated :" FFF/FFF"!!

My advise is: check-out 'modern' linings, first; if they're still N.G.,
for you, then spend the bux in
installing the discs!!

Neil