From: Archangel1390@xxxxxxx [mailto:Archangel1390@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:27 PM
To: dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] ARE WE BEING POLITICAL CORRECT

Dave, If this site is for 1955 to 61 Mopar, after a car is 25 years old, Dave, it is an
antique and Collector car.  I am not a purist. It's just that after racing Mopars and setting Regional and National Records in the fifties and sixties and topping right around 100 MPH in the quarter mile, I NEVER had a problem stopping my Mopar cars in the limited space at the end of the drag strip or in the city or on a hill. Most of the guys that had trouble stopping were the guys who didn't know how to drive or didn't know when to let off the gas. I would recommend glasses for those individuals- not disc brakes. I do highly recommend the optional power brakes for all cars big and small. I really did notice a big difference with them.
   As for the old surgeon with a pen knife. I agree with you, but I was of the impression we were talking 1955 to 1961.
                                                                  Ron Allyn Swartley

PS. I get a new car every year and they always have disc brakes on them, but they are not antique or collector cars.